Dear figure skating community!
We want to invite interested skaters, trainers and teams to the 2023 CIW Summer Camp in Pilsen/Czech Republic with top trainers from Ukraine, Austria and Germany. The goal is to use the great team spirit at the camp and the input of the whole team for preparing the new season together. We are inviting especially teams and trainers but also skaters alone, but we would appreciate coordinating the training in cooperation with the main coach of the skater if possible. We are also offering feedback and a video archive to the trainers of the skaters.
Special topics 2023
– Season preperation – jumping training, rotation training, athletic training methods, choreography/dance and program preperation
– Methods for motivation and methods and tools for training efficiency for on ice and off-ice
– Injury prevention through athletic training which also pushes the performance of skaters + health topics
– Using training tools for more efficient and effective training (off-ice + on ice) and habit improvement
We have this time a big focus also on showing the athletes and trainers, who are interested how we started to work with different training tools and how one can set them up (this is including video analysis on the ice rink and off-ice, constant video monitoring, fitness and training trackers (Garmin vivosmart 5 and others) as well as an web platform for training schedules and workouts to help teams supporting and monitoring training better no matter where and when skaters are training.
If you are interested to prepare for the camp, there is also the possibility for meeting already before for training in July in Vienna.
First week: 30.7.-6.8.2023
Second week: 6.8.-12.8.2023
UPDATE: Some places in the second week of the camp still available
Depending on availibility of hotel rooms we negotiated that we have an extended registration till 30.6.2023 – but we will need to check whether there are still enough places available (for training and for the hotel). We can still extend the ice times if a group wants to join but need to check the details. We will do everything that everybody has a perfect season preperation! Let us know soon if you want to come with your group or also just alone!
Places at the camp will be available in the order of registration, so please reserve your place soon, as we already have many reserverations like last year. After 30.4. please also send an e-mail and we will try our best!
– Figure Skating (Single)
– Pair Skating (upon request + try out)
We are starting with the youngest skaters, that want to train like more advanced groups (starting with around 5 years, if they want and can train 2-3 hours on the ice and the same also off-ice till to older skaters wanting to improve)
2. Development group
All skaters that want to improve or work for jumps like Axel and double jumps or have a similar level in skating skills
3. Advanced group
All skaters that want to improve or work for jumps like double Axel and triples or quads and also want to improve their corresponding skating skills
– Season preperation together with the trainers of the skaters
– Health oriented long term athlete development (off-ice exercises and theory) inlcuding nutrition topics and injury prevention to increase also the performance of skaters
– Jump technique off-ice and on ice
– Short and long term improvement of rotation training in all levels for jumps with a special focus on exercises for improving jump rotation for all levels
– Rotator/vestibular rotation machines (4 pieces) will be at our off-ice center there to train
– Training and improvement of landings on ice and off ice including exercises for strength training
– Intensive skating skills training (posture, knees, ….)
– Choreograpy and dance trainining – contemporary dance sessions every day and check and improving of dancing on the ice
– Transitional content, choreograpy/dance and performance improvment – check and practise for programs
– Video analysis based training including a video archive for skaters and your trainers/team
– Technical training tools
– Rules teaching (creating spins, new ISU rules with an ISU technical specialists and international judge)
– Check of programs, components, upon reqeust GOE of the elements by an international judge and a ISU Technical Specialist
– Preperation of new programs upon request
– Ice training: 3 hours per day (upon request or for smaller kids also 2 hours are possible), 6 days a week
– Off-training: 3 hours per day (including rotation machine training, health and strength oriented exercises increasing performance, stretching, dancing sessions every day with experienced dance coaches, choreo exercises,…)
– Training planning for health oriented athlete development
– Team activities and alternative leisure program like playing beach volleyball or going swimming together
UPDATE: training will start on the ice at the 31.7. and on the 7.8. in the morning (approximately 8:00 or 9:00) but we will already do some off-ice training and also some group activities on the 30.7. in the afternoon and also on the 6.8. too!
– Dmytriy Dmytrenko (Head coach and European Figure Skating Champion from Ukraine/Kiev, choreograph, jump anmd skating skills coach and ISU Technical Specialist)
– Neil Chesterton (Jumping coach, specialist in rotational training, harness jumps also for triples and quads, skating skills expert, choreograph, ice dancing coach as well as pair skating coach)
– Oksana Dolgopolova (Pediatrician specialized on sport and figure skating including injury prevention and nutrition, International judge from Ukraine/Kiev, with a great training and choreographic experience who is supporting the training and will share her experience with programs, GOE, rules kids training,….)
– Daniele Caprano (Coach from Germany and Italy for single and pair skating with over 30 years of experience. Former national champion of Germany as well as participant in World Championships and at Olympic Games)
– Michael Ruis (specialized in off-ice, athletic training, rotational off-ice training including rotation machines, video analysis and athlete long term development as well as training tools specialist)
– Katrin England (guest coach from Erfurt assisting this year our team – since 1993 at the Landesleistungszentrum Thüringen specialised on ice technic and technical elements)
– Cornelia Beyermann (guest coach from Erfurt assisting our team – specialized on choreography for single skating)
– Yoana Popova (guest ballett and dance coach from Erfurt with a lot of experience from Bulgaria, France and Germany)
– Maik Böhm (guest atheltic coach from Erfurt with a huge experience in athletic training and acrobatic)
– Guest dance trainers
Pilsen/Plzen Czech Republic with a good training infrastructure including two 60×30 meter ice rinks and very good off-ice facilities including plyo, strength, dancing and rotational training. and a sport center with a gym and other facilities like a swimming pool.
There are many cool places around Telfs. We will assist you in planning a nice holiday.
Training costs/week: EUR 420,- for all levels for 6 days of training (3 hours ice training + 3 hours off ice training including dance)
Ice fee costs including off-ice gym/week: EUR 150,- (3 hours of ice per day and 3 hours of off-ice/dancing)
Special packages for teams (we will provide you a individual offer depending on the number of skaters)
Family discount: 20-40 % from the 2nd child
Beautiful 4* Parkhotel Pilsen
Situated at a big park. All skaters are in double or triple rooms with other skaters (we will find the right roommates) or accompanying persons. Skaters older than 10 years normally take part alone, as our team will take care on everything.
Costs including breakfast and buffet for lunch (also vegetarian, salads and some basic beverages). In every room there is an empty mini bar as a small fridge. Dinner one can also choose for 13 EUR/dinner including basic beverages always the day before.
30.7.-6.8.2023 accomodation including lunch 367 EUR/person
6.8.-12.8.2023 accomodation including lunch 312 EUR/person
Above prices for accomodation in double rooms (or triple rooms). For special arrangements please send us a request.
Please let us know if you have further questions or you are organizing your accomodation yourself.
info (at) crystaliceworld. com
T: +43 720 270058 – 205